A Beginner's Guide to ACW Wisconsin WaterCity WrestlingCon 2019, Part 7: The Evil Roy Slades $5,000 Battle Royal
We are close to the conclusion of our guide for beginners to ACW Wisconsin wrestling and ACW WaterCity WrestlingCon 2019. In this preview we will take a look at the Evil Roy Slades $5,000 Battle Royal.
I love a Battle Royal. It’s a great opportunity to see a variety of different wrestlers all compete at the same time, with many opportunities for wrestlers that may not normally square off against one another duke it out. To say that there will be a plethora of various talents in this match is an understatement.
At the time that I am writing this, there have been a total of nine wrestlers that have been formally announced by ACW Wisconsin to be participating in the match. While I’m sure you’ll pick out your favorite as you’re watching the match, here’s a little synopsis about every wrestler that has so far been announced to compete:
- Frank the Clown: In his first appearance in an ACW Wisconsin ring, Frank the Clown is best known for being a part of the WWE Network show Holy Foley. He has also made appearances in several independent wrestling promotions throughout the nation, and he is none too shy in letting everyone know how incredible he is.
- Shane Hill: If there was a Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon-type game when it comes to Wisconsin wrestlers, you would replace Mr. Bacon with Shane Hill. According to my records, this will be the first time that Hill has been in an ACW Wisconsin ring, and it will be interesting to see the kind of impact he makes in the Battle Royal.
- Kujo ‘The Mad Dog of War’: Also making his ACW Wisconsin debut is longtime Wisconsin wrestling legend Kujo. Kujo most recently returned to action in WPW (another Wisconsin professional wrestling promotion) where he was one of the top wrestlers in that promotion for many years.
- Drake Daniels: Based on who has been announced so far to compete in this match, Drake Daniels is my pick to win the Battle Royal. A new addition to the ACW Wisconsin roster, the young newcomer has all the attributes to be a future champion. Will this match be the beginning of his winning ways and potential rise up the card? We’ll just have to wait and find out.
- Levi Yoder: A standout in the Battle Royal at last year’s WaterCity WrestlingCon, Levi Yoder is destined to be a fan favorite for years to come. Taking great pride in his Amish heritage, Yoder is not only fun to root for, but he is also a powerhouse in the ring. He has great potential to go far in this match, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he pulled off the victory.
- Koda Jacobs: While he normally campaigns on the western side of the state, Koda Jacobs has been making more and more stops in ACW Wisconsin wrestling, and he has the potential to be a viable candidate for several terms. I have high hopes that he will set up a campaign headquarters in Oshkosh so that he will make more stops along the trail in the future (have I given you enough puns for you to figure out what his angle is?).
- Wylde N Randy: While they will be competing separately in this match, Wylde N Randy are quite possibly the most entertaining aspect of ACW Wisconsin wrestling. The easiest comparison to a more nationally recognized Tag Team would be The New Day due to their zany antics and colorful approach to wrestling, but giving them such a simple comparison is actually a great disservice to the great work they do. Whenever they are part of an ACW Wisconsin event, you know you’re going to have a good time.
- Lost Dad Erik: Being a dad, it’s hard not to root for Lost Dad Erik. Incredibly talented in the ring and a dedicated father (despite his nickname implying that he’s absent minded), there will certainly be a section of blue shirts cheering him on during the match…and those cheering are his kids!
These are only the wrestlers who have been announced so far for the match. I have read speculation online of other wrestlers being a part of the Battle Royal, and I may do a follow-up if they are announced between now and April 27th, but for now it’ll be fun to speculate who else may be vying for the $5,000 check!
Come back for Part 8 of the series, when we wrap things up by talking about celebrity guests Mick Foley, Mark Henry, Big Cass, and also talk about ACW Wisconsin wrestlers who have yet to be formally announced but may end up still being a part of the event!
Originally published on April 23, 2019