A Beginner's Guide to ACW Wisconsin WaterCity WrestlingCon 2019, Part 8: The Finale
We are incredibly close to ACW WaterCity WrestlingCon 2019 (which Nerd Dads will be attending), and with our series of posts we have been giving you the backstory to the matches that are scheduled for the event. We have covered quite a lot, but there is still more that you should know about who is scheduled to appear but don’t have a designated spot on the card. There are also some ACW Wisconsin wrestlers that haven’t been formally announced, but you should be aware of in case they appear at the event. Let’s talk about those personalities now:
- Two WWE Hall of Famers will be attending the event, Mick Foley and Mark Henry. Both men have had epic careers in professional wrestling, one being a hardcore legend and the other having earned the title of World’s Strongest Man. A brief history will not do either man justice, but if you need to quickly brush up on either man’s career, check out Foley’s WWE Championship match on the January 4 1999 edition of RAW and his Hell in the Cell match at the 1998 King of the Ring against the Undertaker, and for Mark Henry check out his match against The Big Show at WWE Vengeance 2011 or his “retirement” speech during the June 17, 2013 edition of RAW (that performance deserved an Emmy!).
It’s not quite clear on what Foley and Henry will be doing during the event. Will they be a guest referee? Will they play the part of host? Will they be a manager for someone on the card? We’ll just have to wait and see!
- Big Cass had a short yet incredibly impactful career in the WWE, and the 7 foot superstar will make his presence known in Oshkosh. Cass has been a hot topic in the wrestling world recently, when he crashed the ROH/NJPW event at Madison Square Garden, and it will be interesting to see what his plans are for the Menominee Nation Arena.
- It looks that Brock Hall will be a part of the Evil Roy Slades $5,000 Battle Royal, where he will try to be a back-to-back winner of the yearly event. Hall has had a chip on his shoulder since winning the event last year, feeling as though he hasn’t received the respect from ACW Wisconsin management, so it’ll be interesting to see if that will motivate him to be victorious.
- I am convinced that Justin Dredd is incapable of having a bad match. A former ACW Wisconsin Heavyweight Champion, Dredd has been on a roll in having a multitude of great matches in a row. He’s not yet on the card, so it’ll be interesting to see what he’s going to be up to on Saturday.
- Fan favorite Young Money Colin Brooks is rumored to be a part of the Battle Royal, but nothing has yet been confirmed. A former Water City and Tag Team champion, regardless of where he is on the card, he is certain to make an impact.
- Aesop Mitchell has completely won me over in 2019 during the ACW Wisconsin matches that he has been a part of, and I am hoping that the rumors are true that he will be a part of the Battle Royal. My hope is that if he is in the match, he is one of the final participants, if not the winner.
- The odds of him showing up in any capacity are incredibly slim, but from now until the end of time, whenever there is an ACW Wisconsin event held, there will be calls for Sadist. The face of the promotion for many years, Logan Lynch ended his career in ACW Wisconsin when he defeated him in a Contract vs. Contract match at ACW #25.
We cannot wait for WaterCity WrestlingCon 2019, and we hope to see you there!
Originally published on April 24, 2019